Counter top with sink

Christopher Edwards · Jul 7, 2018, 17:11

I'm have a 1.5" solid/laminated maple countertop in a laundry room I'm finishing that will have a deep undermount sink as part of it.

I really like the matte look of the wax products from osmo but don't think that'd be suitable for water contact.

I was thinking an epoxy finish like ecopoxy but that will be glossy unless I overcoat it with something else (could I even do that?).

Are there any other options that would repel water enough? I don't expect it to be saturated with water, just the occasional splash.

I came across the idro 2k 10. It's a bit pricy and I don't see any water resistant language on the product page.

Any ideas? Thanks!

René Carrier · Technical Support · Jul 9, 2018, 05:54

Hello,
I believe that the Secondo Mono de Prato-Verde will be perfect to treat your counter. it is used for floors and it will withstand water without problems.
Be sure to apply at least two coats and wait 10 days for the oil to become 100% hard.

Christopher Edwards · Jul 9, 2018, 09:03

Would SuperClear 9000 WB Polyurethane be suitable if I didn't want a wax product?

How would wax react to accidental contact with laundry detergent/soap?

Thanks for the reply!

René Carrier · Technical Support · Jul 9, 2018, 09:55

I believe that the EM9300 would be superior for your need. it is necessary to apply 4 layers
https://ardec.ca/media/catalog/specs/TC_TechDataSheet_EM9300_R31.pdf
this product is more resistant in an environment where there is a risk of water.

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français