Arm-R-Seal oil based topcoat over Tried and True Danish Oil

Greg · Mar 27, 2020, 12:03

Hello,
I'm wondering about putting Arm-R-Seal oil based satin top coat over Tried and True Danish Oil (https://www.triedandtruewoodfinish.com/products/danish-oil/). Before I attempt this I was wonder (am concerned) about the smoothness of the Tried and True Danish Oil finish. The finish needs to be burnished after every coat and is therefore very smooth.

The project is table/desk, the top is made of Sapele.

Tks,
Greg

Marilyn · Technical Support · Mar 27, 2020, 14:17

Hi Greg,

Tried & True Danish Oil can is a good option for finishing a table.
You must make sure that the Tried & True Danish Oil is completely dry before applying the Arm R Seal to the surface.

We suggest taking a look at the Secondo by Prato Verde as a finish.

Easy to apply, seals and waterproofs the wood and maintenance is as simple as applying a thin coat when surface looks like it needs a lift.

The result can be excellent!

Greg · Mar 27, 2020, 19:05

Thank you for the response, I’m intrigued. While I’m a little concerned about having to repair a polyurethane table top finish I’m uncertain about the protection of the product you recommended. I do acknowledge it is a floor finish.

I have experience with the easy to use tried and true finish, it nice that it doesn’t have a harsh smell and no gloves are required.

Would I be uncomfortable using Secondo in my basement workshop that has limited ventilation, how bad is the smell?

Greg

Marilyn · Technical Support · Mar 30, 2020, 11:16

Hi Greg,

Totally understandable that you may be reluctant to work with unfamiliar products.

It is sometimes best to stick with what we are comfortable with. There is nothing wrong with your products of choice, we just try to offer options.

Secondo has a low odour and will not pose any danger in your limited ventilated basement. Odour will dissipate after 3 days.

Samples are available online if you would like to try it!

Kind Regards,

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français