LIFETIME WOOD TREATMENTS on painted boards?

Robert Chase · Jan 20, 2021, 12:24

LIFETIME WOOD TREATMENTS: I have had several pine boards custom painted with my military units logo plus inscriptions. I do not want the painted artwork covered or distorted in any way. Therefore I am asking if this presurative will harm, distort, or cover up the artwork and writings on these two large wooden boards. Can you please advise me on this. They will be placed outside as well and I want them well preserved without yellowing as with urithaines etc. These plaques are very expensive and about 3'x2' with painted lettering and colored logos from my unit. Please advise me on this matter herein. Thank you kindly
Bob

Marilyn · Technical Support · Jan 20, 2021, 14:23

Hi,

We do not feel that the LIfetime is correct product for this type of project. It will change the wood color and the boards may crack overtime.

The Osmo UV-Protection Oil -420-Clear Extra with Biocides would be a better choice. It will penetrate the wood deeply and protect your signs from harmful UV rays, moisture and insects all the while enhancing the natural wood coloring and artwork.

Hope this helps!

Robert Chase · Jan 22, 2021, 10:42

Thank you so much for all your assistance and recommendations.

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français