Remove loose paint, wood fibers and debris with stiff brush or scraper. Wood should be fully dry. Wet or damp wood or wood treated with glycol based wood preservatives will decrease PC-Rot Terminator’s® ability to soak-in. PC-Rot Terminator® does not displace water from inside damp wood. Ventilate the wet wood using a fan and if necessary safely warm with infrared heat lamp to speed drying. Painted surfaces must be drilled or sanded to expose damaged wood. Vertical surfaces should be drilled on a downward angle (45 degree) with 1/8 to 1/4 inch bit to access the wood grain.
Please read completely prior to use. PC-Rot Terminator is a one to two (1:2) ratio mix by volume: One part Hardener to two parts Resin.
- Carefully pour Hardener into mixing bottle (included) to FILL LINE A.
- Add Resin to FILL LINE B.
- Tightly secure mixing bottle cap and shake vigorously for one minute.
- Remove red cap and clip tip of spout prior to using.
- Dispense by pouring directly from mixing bottle.
For structural and critical applications, seek the advice of a professional engineer.
- Wood hardening: Worn and weathered wood can be rejuvenated. The surface can be made harder and less crumbly. Seal wood from the effects of wear and weather.
- Adhesive: PC-Rot Terminator® can be used as an adhesive on non-porous surfaces.
- Penetration: The epoxy will readily follow the grain of the wood. Removal of paint and varnish will increase the acceptance of the epoxy. For maximum acceptance poke or drill holes into the wood or expose the grain of the wood by cutting into the wood. For vertical surfaces, drill holes on a downward angle.
- Applicators: The epoxy can be applied using an acid or paint brush or a paint roller.
- Cure rate: The cure rate where thicker is faster than where thinly applied. The greater the ambient temperature, the faster the cure is.
- Coverage: One 24 ounce unit will seal 50 to 100 square feet of decking as a sealer. For severely rotted wood, one unit will treat 500 to 2500 cubic inches. The amount of usage depends on the porosity of the wood.
- Masonry uses: PC-Rot Terminator® can be used to seal and protect concrete, brick and stone surfaces. Use for chemically resistant linings, mortars and secondary containment linings, flooring and cracked plaster.
- Marine: Use to repair fiberglass boats. Repair holes and punctures and as a barrier coating for repaired hulls. Secure loose hardware. Repair rotted areas of wooden boats structure, decks, trim, hull and planking. Repair docks. Remove splinters from hand rails and board walks. Do not gel coat over epoxy repairs.
- Paint: Stain sealing primer or oil based primer is recommended.
Clean-up after application
Clean up mixed epoxy before it cures with paper towels and solvent. Denatured alcohol (ethanol), acetone, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or lacquer thinner are suitable solvents for removing uncured epoxy. Cured epoxy can be removed with paint stripper or remover.
Contains epoxy resin and hardener. Use in a well ventilated area. If inhaled get to fresh air. Avoid contact with skin and eyes by wearing gloves and eye protection. If contact with skin, wash with soap and water. If contact with eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention. If ingested, seek medical attention immediately. Wear approved NIOSH mask when sanding. Keep away from children and pets.