Trying to make White paint from flour

Nicola · Jul 27, 2017, 04:50

I used Blanc de Titane but it come out greyish, added Blanc de Meudon but it made no difference. I made 1 litre of paint and added 300g of Blanc de Titane and 100g of meudon. Anybody know how to make WHITE paint using the Swedish method with flour?
Thanks

René Carrier · Technical Support · Jul 27, 2017, 12:26

Do not add white meudon, rather than a little white titanium and everything should be white. Also, do not put sulphate of iron.

Good luck !

Nicola · Jul 27, 2017, 12:51

Thanks - actually when I painted it came out white on the wood, despite the greyish colour in the pot. Am really enjoying this process. Today also made the selection of colours. Thanks so much for your quick response. I am now treating myself to a glass of Rosé! (Am in Switzerland so it is a respectable hour for Rosé).

René Carrier · Technical Support · Jul 27, 2017, 13:17

Perfect! In this case you can take the rosé to my health too.

To the pleasure |

Nicola · Jul 27, 2017, 15:39

I notice my coloured paints are very dry.What can I add to them to make them more liquid? I made them from a base of 100g of flour, 1 litre of water, 100ml of huile de lin, 10 ml savon noir and 25 ml of sulfate de fer (paint for outside) I split this base up into the colours and added 25 g of ochre to each about 120 ml of base. My paint pots now are quite dense. Can I just add a bit of water?

René Carrier · Technical Support · Jul 27, 2017, 15:47

Surely, add water to make them more fluid.

Nicola · Jul 27, 2017, 15:53

waiting for the first thunderstorm to see how it all holds up.
If this works... the potential to suggest and change the move towards chemicals will take one little step.

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français