Colette · Sep 2, 2022, 10:11

We extended our deck this summer, using pressure treated wood. I was told boiled linseed oil was the best product to use to protect the wood. Unfortunately, the old part of the deck is painted and I am wondering if i can add a colour to the linseed oil so I can match the rest of the deck?

I am also thinking about redoing the old deck, taking off the old paint and applying boiled linseed oil there too. Is this a good idea?

Merci

Marilyn · Technical Support · Sep 2, 2022, 11:02

Hi,

Linseed Oil as it doesn't have properties to protect against UV Rays, mould, or insects so for this reason we would not normally recommend it.

Broda Pro-Tek Tor DR or the [Pareo Zero by Prato Verde2 are 2 products that I would suggest looking into for your deck.

We also recommend choosing with color pigment in order to have a superior protection against UVRays.

For a a new construction with treated wood the normal recommendation is to wait a period or 6 – 8 weeks before applying any type of product on it.

There is an article on our Blog on this type of project which might be of interest to you. I highly recommend looking at it.

Hope this helps!

Colette · Sep 2, 2022, 11:26

can it be tinted to match the colour I have on the old part of the deck?

Marilyn · Technical Support · Sep 2, 2022, 11:29

You have to choose among colors listed on the website.

We do not do any color matches.

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français