Outdoor Acacia non-film forming finish

thomas. · Jun 11, 2023, 21:35

Hello all,

I recently stripped an outdoor table and bench due to a spar urethane bubbling finish. Laborious effort with a heat gun and peeling prior to sanding;
not something i want to repeat in 3-4 years.

This table will be covered when not in use and I have no issues lightly sanding and re-applying a coat of penetrating finish at 6-12 month intervals… it’s far easier than a full film finish strip.

after researching, I was hoping for general finishes outdoor oil or owatrol textrol but neither is available in Canada. I was scared away from the brazilian wood oils (penofin) due to the black stain problem.

what penetrating oil/oil-wax product can I use from Ardec for an outdoor horizontal wood acacia table that will provide moisture and UV protection, nice light rich color (clear/light tint) and make for easy re-application/revitalization in 6-12 months?

pictured table was fully stripped and sanded to 160 and pores/cracks were epoxied. a wood cleaner will be applied prior to oiling.

Marilyn · Technical Support · Jun 12, 2023, 09:09

Hi,

Thats is a beautiful table!

We would suggest the Osmo Decking Oil. However, we never recommend using without a tint as it is the color pigments that protect against harmful UV rays. Osmo does offer sample sizes for color testing.

Hope this helps!

[None] · Jun 15, 2023, 14:27

[Deleted by a moderator]

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français