Sanding and preparation of new floors
- Sand and prepare floor using accepted industry association methods.
- Make your final cut with 80 to 100-grit paper and MultiDisc with an 80 to 120-grit.
- Use a Tampico Brush on a buffer and vacuum thoroughly.
- Tack with a dry Bona® Microfiber Mop or cloth to remove dust.
- Apply stain system.
The Bona DriFast Stain System
Bona DriFast Stain is a redissolving stain designed to penetrate, stain and seal bare wood. Bona DriFast Stain is designed to work with all bona finishes. Colors may be blended with all other Bona DriFast Stains. Visit www.bona.com for additional product information.
Brush, cut-in pad, cloth, carpet disc
SHAKE AND STIR WELL BEFORE USING. DO NOT THIN.
- After preparing surface, apply Bona DriFast Stain with brush, cut-in pad, cloth, or carpet disc driven by a buffer in the direction of the grain at the coverage rate of 800 – 1000 square feet per gallon.
- Allow 1-3 minutes for penetration. Remove excess by hand wiping or buffing with an absorbent, non-abrasive material.
- Allow stain to dry thoroughly (minimum 2 hours for wood tones, 6 hours minimum for white and 12-18 hours for Ebony, Spice Brown, Bark and Cocoa under ideal conditions of 60º-80º F(16º-27ºC) with 35-75% relative humidity. High humidity and/or low temperature conditions will extend dry time, while increased ventilation and airflow will reduce dry time.
- Apply sealer or finish after the recommended dry time, but within 48 hours after application.
- Apply any Bona finish system over thoroughly dried stain.
RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE SOAKED WITH BONA DRIFAST STAIN MAY SPONTANEOUSLY CATCH FIRE IF IMPROPERLY DISCARDED. IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH USE, PLACE RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE IN A SEALED, WATERFILLED, METAL CONTAINER.