- Sand and prepare floor using accepted industry association methods.
- For a stained floor, make your final cut with 80 to 100-grit paper, then multidisc with 80 to 120-grit paper. For an unstained floor, make your final cut with 80 to 120-grit paper, then multidisc with 120 to 150-grit paper. This burnishing will reduce the amount of grain raise.
- Use a Tampico Brush on a buffer and vacuum thoroughly.
- Tack with a dry Bona® Microfiber Cleaning Pad or cloth.
- Apply Bona Finishing system.
THE BONA Traffic HD® FINISH SYSTEM
Apply a Bona sealer or Bona stain and 2 coats of Bona Traffic HD®. Follow label directions. Adding a third coat of Bona Traffic HD® is recommended in heavy-traffic commercial and residential areas.
NOTE: Use a clean applicator for sealer and a separate clean applicator for finish.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. DO NOT THIN.
- Shake Bona Traffic HD finish (Part A) well for 30 seconds.
- Add Bona Traffic HD Hardener (Part B) to finish (Part A). One 10.38 oz. bottle of hardener will activate one gallon of finish. To mix finish amounts of less than one gallon, use a 1:11.33 ratio.
- Immediately shake mixture vigorously for 30-45 seconds.
- Insert supplied filter into bottle.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before applying.
BONA Traffic HD CANNOT BE REHARDENED.
- Pour a 6˝- wide line of finish along the starting wall. Go with the grain of the wood.
- Using a pre-dampened Bona floor coater, draw the floor coater forward with the grain of the wood, moving the finish toward the opposite wall. To maintain a wet edge at all times, hold the floor coater at a snowplow angle.
- At the end of each run, turn the floor coater and pull it toward you through the puddle; then pad out the floor coater parallel to the wet edge.
- Feather out all turns. Do not push too hard or too fast to avoid drips flying off the floor coater.
- BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RECOMMENDED COVERAGE OF 350- 400 SQ. FT. PER GALLON. DO NOT SPREAD TOO THIN.
- Allow the first coat to dry 2-3 hours. High humidity and/or low temperature conditions will extend the dry time (recommended conditions of 65-80˚F/40-60% relative humidity).
- For smoothest results, see INTERCOAT ABRASION. At a minimum between coats, vacuum, and tack thoroughly with a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad (dry or slightly dampened with water).
THE FINISH/HARDENER MIXTURE MUST BE USED WITHIN 4 HOURS AFTER IT IS MIXED.
Product properties are diminished after 4 hours. The finish and hardener can be mixed only one time.
CAUTION! To avoid pressure build-up, do not tightly recap finish/hardener mixture.
It is not necessary to abrade between Bona waterborne sealer and finish coats unless more than 48 hours has passed since the previous coat was applied. For smoothest results, abrade between each coat as necessary, using a multidisc and Bona Diamond 180 to 240-grit abrasives with Bona Intermediate Pads. Thoroughly clean abraded floor using Bona PowerScrubber® OR vacuum and tack with Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pads (dry or slightly dampened with water). When using solvent-based sealers, ALWAYS abrade, vacuum and tack before finish coats
Be sure floor is free from wax, polish, and oily residues. If contaminants are present, use the full Bona Recoat System™ to ensure adhesion. Otherwise, follow the Bona Prep® process. Adhesion failure can occur if these recoating processes are not followed and the floor has not been tested for compatibility.
The curing process takes approximately 3 days (80% cured after 1 day, 100% after 3 days). The floor may be walked on after 24 hours but remains susceptible to scuffing or marring until completely cured. Do not replace area rugs until the floor has fully cured.
Application tools should be thoroughly cleaned with water and stored in an airtight container. Dispose of any remaining product in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Decontaminate empty hardener (Part B) bottle prior to disposal by adding
water to the one-quart line. Recap. Shake vigorously and dispose.
Use only a dry Bona Microfiber Mop or cloth for cleaning during the first week. Put walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to keep out excessive dirt and grit. Sweep or vacuum daily and clean as needed with Bona® Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Use felt pads under furniture legs and appliances.