New or restored floor:
Appropriate for the majority of oil or waterborne stains. Be sure the stain is completely dry and follow manufacturer’s recommendations carefully. Aluminium oxide may alter slightly floor color. Application must be done at room temperature between 21 and 25 ºC (70 and 77 ºF) and at a relative humidity of 45%.
- Sand following the wood grain, smooth the surface with a 120 grit sandpaper (DO NOT use steel wool) and remove dust with a vacuum cleaner and dry towels.
- Proceed to an adherence, compatibility and color test by reproducing jobsite application conditions and methods.
- Apply 3 to 4 coats of Finitec 9000 with the following application method:
A) Mix the finish with a clean stick in order to provide a homogeneous product, then shake the finish vigorously for 5 minutes.
B) Let stand at least 10 minutes to allow bubbles to break.
C) Pour a finish line of 4 inches (10 cm) on floor along the wall and following the floor planks direction.
D) Use a clean Finitec finish applicator, soak and apply the finish following the floor planks direction with a “snowplow” angle to always bring the excess liquid towards the untreated section. Overlap 4 inches (10 cm) the finished section. To prevent marks on the finish, DO NOT apply pressure on the applicator and smooth out marks and lines progressively. Be sure that coats are not too thin.
E) Allow about 2 to 3 hours of drying between coats (may vary according to conditions).
F) Sand between coats using a 180 grit sandpaper.
G) It is not necessary to sand before the last coat if the time between the last two applications does not exceed 3 hours.
- Clean tools with water.
Appropriate for the majority of oil or waterborne finishes. Aluminium oxide may alter slightly floor color. Application must be done at room temperature between 21 and 25 ºC (70 and 77 ºF) and at a relative humidity of 45%.
1. Clean thoroughly with Finitec Surface Preparation in order to eliminate accumulated dirt and to make the surface free of greasy residues.
2. Sand evenly with the wood grain using a 120 grit sandpaper (DO NOT use steel wool). It is important to remove completely all shine on the floor (top coat). Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner and slightly damp towels. A more aggressive sanding is needed to restore prefinished floors.
3. Proceed to an adherence, compatibility and color test by reproducing jobsite application conditions and methods. In case of incompatibility, sand completely to bare wood.
4. Apply 1 or 2 coats of Finitec 9000 following the previous instructions A), B), C), D) and G).
5. Clean tools with water.
N. B. Do not alternate with another product.
Finitec Hardwood Products Inc. certifies that the product is free from manufacturing defect. The user assumes all responsability for use in accordance with instructions of this label. Manufacturer’s responsibility is limited to the replacement of the product.
In case of eye or skin contact, rinse well with water for 15 minutes. In case of inhalation, allow the victim to rest in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed, seek medical attention. Do not induce vomiting. Have conscious person drink several glasses of water.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.