Preparation: To insure surfaces are clean of all grease and oils and smooth enough for staining, sand all surfaces with the grain using #120 and finishing with #220 grit paper. Remove dust.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Apply liberally with a foam brush or a paint pad applicator. It’s essential to use liberal amounts of stain to insure easy workability.
- Stain a complete section (a side, top, or drawer) and wipe off the excess evenly with a clean, dry cloth before starting the next section.
- For mistakes (rag marks, lap mark, missed spot), re-wet the area and wipe out evenly with a clean cloth. Light buffing the stain coat is optional. Be careful not to buff through the stain, particularly on the edges. Use either #320 or finer sandpaper or a fine buffing pad.
- A second coat may be applied to darken the color.
- Foam brush or paint pad applicator.
- Can also be applied via spray
Dry Time: Dry time is normally 2-4 hours under ideal conditions (70°F or 21°C, 70% humidity). Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will prolong drying time up to 8-10 hours.
Top Coats: All top coats (water based, solvent based, lacquer based) work well over General Finishes Water Based Wood Stains.