Recommendation for Water based pigmented Topcoat

Eli · Jan 31, 2020, 12:26 · Last edit: Jan 31, 2020, 12:52

I am deciding between two products (Mohawk waterbased post cat) and the EM6500 for the kitchen refinishing job. Which one has better flow out and levelling characteristics. I have read that the target coatings have the ability to burn in even in their water based product line. Can you please highlight the pros/cons of both these products.

For increased durability in restaurants, can we apply a clear on the mohawk or the EM6500. I was thinking of applying the EM9300 or super clear 9000 on the table tops.

Marilyn · Technical Support · Feb 3, 2020, 14:25

Hi there,

The Mohawks Waterborne Conversion Varnish combined with the Mohawk Waterborne Conversion Varnish Catalystis an excellent finishing product for such a project. It is a superior water-based urethane in terms of quality and application.

The EM6500 is more of an acrylic that is considered ‘’soft’’ , it is not very resistant and can yellow with time.

The EM6000 is also a good product but will yellow over time.

We would recommend using the Emtech EM9300 Polycarbonate Urethane in combination with the CL100 Cross-linker or the Adrec Polyclear with the Procat Crosslinker.

Hope this helps!

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français